On December 9, Inside Recordings will release a 2LP version of the new Jackson Browne album, Standing In the Breach. The set will be pressed on 180g-weight vinyl. The CD version is slated for October 7.
The Lonesome Crowded West reissue by Modest Mouse arrives on November 11 on CD, DD, and vinyl LP (slated a week earlier on November 4).
Epitaph Records will release a remastered 20th Anniversary Edition LP set for NOFX of their 1994 album, Punk In Drublic, on November 24. Epitaph will also release a 20th Anniversary Edition LP of Let’s Go, the 1994 album by Rancid. Both LPs are remastered, and pressed on 180g-weight vinyl. Both LPs will contain the CD of the newly remastered album.
Annie Lennox‘s new one, Nostalgia, is slated for release on October 21.
Warner Brothers have new Bette Midler music coming (15 tracks) on November 4 with It’s the Girls.
Arista and Legacy Recordings will team to release a collected set featuring Carly Simon on their Playlist series. Playlist: The Very Best Of Carly Simon is slated for October 27. Any Carly Simon fan could have produced a better set, if you ask me (look at that awful track-list).
1. Coming Around Again
2. Give Me All Night
3. All I Want Is You
4. Nobody Does It Better (Live)
5. You Belong To Me (Live)
6. My New Boyfriend
7. Let the River Run
8. The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of
9. Better Not Tell Her
10. You’re So Vain (Live)
11. Touched by the Sun (Live)
12. Anticipation (Live)
13. Never Been Gone (Live)
14. Our Affair
Fantasy Records will release a CD/DVD Deluxe Edition of Thompson, an album by Family, scheduled for November 18.
Welk Music Group will release new Marianne Faithfull music with Give My Love To London. That new album will release on CD, scheduled for November 11, and on vinyl LP, scheduled later for December 9.
Varese Sarabande will release Infinity, by Shawn Phillips, on November 11. If you followed his career from way back in the ’70s, you may just be in for a treat.
November 17 is the date of the new Bryan Ferry album, Avonmore.
Eagle Rock Entertainment have Aquostic (Stripped Bare) from Status Quo, planned for November 11. The label also intends another From The Vault series featuring live Rolling Stones, in From the Vault – LA Forum (Live In 1975), scheduled for CD, and LP, both on November 18. This Stones title will also release on DVD, same date.
ATO Records will deliver English Oceans from Drive-By Truckers, on November 18.
Decca Records plan three BD-Audio (Blu-ray Audio) titles from Luciano Pavarotti on December 9. The high resolution sets include Donizetti: L’Elisir d’amore (1969), Puccini: Madama Butterfly (1974), and Puccini: Turandot (1972).
Atlantic Records will release CD for Greatest Hits So Far…featuring the Zac Brown Band. This set is planned for November 11.
Righteous Babe Records will release new Ani DiFranco on November 4 (CD, DD), and on November 11 (LP). The new album is called Allergic To Water.
The new anthology for Queen, Forever, is slated for November 11, in a 20-track CD set, and a 36-track 2CD Deluxe Edition.
Secretly Canadian Records will release 2CD, DD, and 2LP for the Deluxe Edition reissue of Didn’t It Rain (1997), by Songs: Ohia (Jason Molina) on December 2. The Deluxe Edition will feature eight previously unheard demo tracks, as well as new Jason Molina artwork for the new package.
Warner Brothers Records will release new Damien Rice with My Favourite Faded Fantasy, scheduled for CD, and vinyl LP, on November 11.
Rhino Records will release a 6DVD collection of video featuring R.E.M. featuring all things video from the R.E.M. camp. The set, called REMTV, is slated for release on November 24.
Alucard Records will release Live At The Bicentennial featuring Gentle Giant, on November 18.
Fantasy Records will release The Complete Studio Albums from Creedence Clearwater Revival, all collected in an LP Box set, on November 11.
Finally, Raven Records will produced a 2CD collection of Foghat classics called Drivin’ Wheels (Best Of 1972-1982). This will drop on November 18. The only bad thing about this collection is that it unfairly overlooks Tight Shoes(1980), and Girls To Chat & Boys To Bounce (1981) with nary a modest representation. Nevertheless, a grand ‘best of’ and an excellent choice to be in your collection, especially if the tracks have been remastered, and remastered well.
01. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Foghat – 1972)
02. Trouble, Trouble (Foghat – 1972)
03. Maybelline (Foghat – 1972)
04. Ride, Ride, Ride (Rock and Roll – 1973)
05. What A Shame (Rock and Roll – 1973)
06. Long Way To Go (Rock and Roll – 1973)
07. Couldn’t Make Her Stay (Rock and Roll – 1973)
08. Honey Hush (Energized – 1974)
09. Home In My Hand (Energized – 1974)
10. Wild Cherry (Energized) – 1974)
11. Eight Days On The Road (Rock And Roll Outlaws – 1974)
12. Trouble In My Way (Rock And Roll Outlaws – 1974)
13. Rock And Roll Outlaws (Rock And Roll Outlaws – 1974)
14. Chateau Lafitte ’59 Boogie (Rock And Roll Outlaws – 1974)
15. Drive Me Home (Fool For The City – 1975)
16. My Babe (Fool For The City – 1975)
17. Slow Ride (Fool For The City – 1975)
1. Fool For The City (Fool For The City – 1975)
2. Take It Or Leave It (Fool For The City – 1975)
3. Drivin’ Wheel (Night Shift – 1976)
4. Night Shift (Night Shift – 1976)
5. Take Me To The River (Night Shift – 1976)
6. Fool For The City (Live) (Foghat Live – 1977)
7. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Live) (Foghat Live – 1977)
8. Road Fever (Live) (Foghat Live – 1977)
9. Honey Hush (Live) (Foghat Live – 1977)
10. Stone Blue (Stone Blue – 1978)
11. Easy Money (Stone Blue – 1978)
12. It Hurts Me Too (Stone Blue – 1978)
13. Chevrolet (Stone Blue – 1978)
14. Third Time Lucky (First Time I Was A Fool) (Boogie Motel – 1979)
15. And I Just Do What I Want (In The Mood For Something Rude – 1982)